2nd Kuwait GBC Annual Green Building
Conference & Expo,
“Key to Energy Management and Implementation of Energy Conservation Code”
Sponsorship & EXPO opportunities
Kuwait Green Building Council & ICON Contracting
PO BOX: 8904, SALMIYA +965 22263222, EXT: 1600
22060, KUWAIT INFO@KUWAITGBC.COM
Under the patronage of …, Kuwait Green Building Council and ICON Contracting are proud to announce the 2nd Kuwait GBC Annual Congress & Expo themed “Key to Energy Management and Implementation of Energy Conservation Code” will take place between 7-8 April 2019 at Sheikh Jaber Al Ahmed Cultural Center. This year’s congress objective is to raise awareness about the recently published Kuwait Energy Conservation Code for Buildings by Ministry of Electricity and Water (MEW). The Conference & Expo will be hosted under the support of major influential governmental, public and private organizations.
This year’s congress will address major sustainability issues in Kuwait and their impact on driving a more resilient building environment, sustainable residential communities, neighborhoods and cities for Kuwait, the Gulf Region and beyond. The conference is going to cover topics like Key Features and Energy Targets of Energy Conservation Code for Buildings; Design, Construction and Operations for Energy Code; The Business Case for Energy Code; and Technology, Materials, Innovation and Systems for Energy Code.
The congress will specifically outlook Kuwait’s perspective over broad range of areas such as practical implementation of energy and resource conservation targets and benchmarks, energy modeling, smart building automation and integration controls, renewable energy, resources management, building design, construction and operations, high-performance and efficient building systems, implementations and facility management during operations stage etc.
The congress aims at encouraging the adoption of green building practices for buildings in Kuwait, providing insights to the latest conservation measures, green building and net zero buildings trends, sustainable urban planning and initiatives, optimization of energy and water efficiency, smart technologies and renewable energy, understanding the thresholds defined by energy conservation codes and certification systems, reinforcement of the mandatory codes and expansion of the sense of community through green behavior.
The conference is targeting to lead the debate on not just our energy code in Kuwait and sustainable building infrastructure but implementing greener lifestyles that every Kuwaiti citizen can adhere to. It will help the construction and sustainable development sector learn, share, deliver and lead innovative green building solutions to environmental challenges in Kuwait, the region and the world. While educating and sharing the best green industry practices with like-minded professionals in the engineering, architectural and contracting businesses, this conference aims also to spread a general awareness throughout the growing local population.
The congress session between 9:00 am – 4:00 pm should be targeting to engage related industry, public sector, corporate and individual experts that are interested in green building concepts via presentations, panel discussions and workshops. The afternoon session between 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm should be targeting the general audience via an expo for green building technologies and materials, environmental and green living in general, as well as one-on-one consultancy and meetings for business cases and opportunities.
The congress & workshop sessions will be targeting to engage related industry leaders, corporate and individual experts that are interested in green building concepts via speakers, workshops and exhibitors related to building materials & technologies, renewable energy supplies, consultancy services, governmental and non-governmental organizations.
The expo will be targeting the general and business-oriented audience via a unique exhibition for green building technologies and materials, environmental and green living in general, as well as one-on-one consultancy and meetings for business cases and opportunities.
Session style and length: 20 min presentation + 20 min panel
KGBC is committed to providing engaging and interesting platforms for attendees. Therefore, we are offering flexibility in presentation styles to better engage and communicate ideas, but moreover the duration of each presentation should not be longer than 20 minutes presentations before a moderated panel discussion at the end of each session.
To promote sustainable building by demonstrating the positive effects it has on people, the planet and the economy
Key Event Goals
- Generate greater awareness of the cause (MEW Energy Code)
- Promote the value of sustainability and green building throughout Kuwait
- To create an awareness about green building practices and energy efficiency
- To create a learning and sharing space of the best local, regional and international practices
- To provide the opportunity for energy conscious individuals and organizations to demonstrate their commitment to energy management and environmental protection.
- To provide visitor and attendees the opportunity to be part of the energy management and conservation agenda; indicates the value they place on being energy conscious and implementing energy conservation measures; and highlight the efforts in place to have a culture of good environmental awareness and best practice, in compliance with the 2018 Building Code
- To create the opportunity for participants to be part of a growing movement that recognizes the critical role that energy plays in running the world.
- To provide the opportunity for attendees to share and acquire pertinent knowledge on the industry, network with peers in industry and to identify ways to create an impact.
- To enable the learning possibilities for participants to become aware about basic concepts and its application of the Building Code.
- To enable the learning possibilities for participants to become aware of the present energy situation in Kuwait
- To enable the learning possibilities for participants to understand the strides being taken to reach the 2035 Vision
- To promote sustainable building by demonstrating the positive effects it has on people, the planet and the economy
More information about the program can be found at www.kuwaitgbc.com
The congress themes and submittals
The congress is calling for abstracts for congress presentations under the following themes:
- Key Features and Energy Targets of Energy Conservation Code for Buildings MEW/R-6/2018 (4 presentations)
- Design for Energy Conservation Code for Buildings (2 presentations)
- Construction for Energy Conservation Code for Buildings (2 presentations)
- Operations and Facility Management for Energy Conservation Code for Buildings(2 presentations)
- The Business Case for Energy Conservation Code for Buildings (2 presentations)
- Technology, material, innovation and systems for Energy Conservation Code for Buildings(4 presentations)
- Energy Conservation Code for Buildings and Certification Systems (2 presentations)
- Reinforcement of the Energy Conservation Code (3 presentations)
- The scope of the abstract and presentation should be related to one of the Congress Themes which have been identified for this year’s congress. Accepted abstracts will be published in a special congress publication and published on the congress website.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts an Author may submit. Significant overlap or duplication among abstracts is discouraged and will result in disqualification of the abstracts.
- There is no limit to the number of authors per each abstract.
- Abstracts are limited to 550 words and must include a minimum of 3 learning objectives that attendees will be able to achieve after attending the presentation.
- Authors biography should not exceed 150 words.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by Congress Selection Committee. Grading and selection criteria will be based on research quality, originality and merit, written content, and relevance to conference themes.
Presentations selection criteria:
Selection criteria will be based on research quality, originality and merit, written content, and relevance to congress themes. Kuwait Green Building Council will nominate a selected number of abstracts that will be presented during the congress and can be developed into peer-reviewed articles for publication by a third party.
Speakers and Instructors Selection criteria:
Selection criteria will be based on a professional quality of the presentation with the topic that falls under the one of the congress themes. Requirements of Selected Speakers will be based on how relevant the proposal is to the theme of the congress, and the expertise, experience and knowledge of the speaker.
A Congress Selection Committee (min 3-5 members) chosen from KGBC Committees and Scientific Partners will review abstracts and approve them. The congress will have a closing panel each day. Each session along with the panel session will have its designated moderator chosen from KGBC members or Scientific Partners.
Submit your presentation abstract along with a short bio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop: TBD (4h)